- River hiking in the Zion Narrows (with a butterfly).
- Voluntouring at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary (and walking a pig).
- The buffalo at Zion Mountain Ranch (and feeding the chicken).
- Solitude at Observation Point (except for the bird).
- Hiking into the depths of Bryce Canyon (beneath Thor's Hammer).
- The pools of the Desert Pearl Inn and Mandalay Bay.
- Watching our kids watch the Fountains and the Volcano.
Of course, what I will remember most clearly is the amazing view from Angels Landing. Hiking the narrow rock fin with dizzying drop-offs on both sides was among the most terrifying and most fun experiences of my life.
So, please do tell, where should we go next year?