The 10th Annual IA Summit presents a good opportunity to revisit the relationship between practice and research, especially given the launch of the Journal of IA, and so I'm hoping to organize a flex track session (most likely on Saturday morning) to discuss challenges and to brainstorm ideas and initiatives.
Topics may include:
- What is the real/ideal relationship between research and practice?
- Where can practitioners and researchers collaborate?
- When do students fit in the picture?
- Why should we care about this topic?
- How can ASIS&T, EuroIA, and the IA Institute contribute?
- Who is missing from this conversation?