I had a wonderful time at the eighth annual IA Summit. I wish I could be there for the closing plenary and five minute madness, but today is Claire's eighth birthday, so I'm back in Ann Arbor, where it happens to be sunny and warm.
Since this was the first twittery summit, I'll blurt out a few comments twitterstyle:
- Excellent program! Nice balance between classic IA, postmodern IA, and management and entrepreneurship.
- Inspiring keynote by Joshua Prince-Ramus. I wish Jesse got to ask his question about wayfinding problems at the Seattle Central Library.
- The Argus dinner gets better every year. Happy Birthday Mags!
- Enjoyed the web that wasn't. Get ready for Glut!
- Unfortunately missed Core+Paths. All about findable objects.
- Every attendee got a free polar bear t-shirt, thanks to Endeca!!!
- The first ever Rosenfeld Media dinner was a success.
- IA in Second Life was fun. Local and remote panelists were present in Las Vegas and on Info Architecture Island (my female avatar made a surprise appearance), with back-channel twittering throughout.
Of course, the event's still live. For those of us who can't be there today, we can summit vicariously through Twitter and Flickr (iasummit07, iasummit2007, iasummit). And, we can start looking forward to next year's summit in Miami!