- Watching the Corinthians win the Brazilian league with my friends from TerraForum.
- Swimming on the rooftop of the Hotel Unique.
- Swimming at Ipanema.
- Watching the sunset from Corcovado.
- Drinking beer and eating "shrimp balls" at a famous Rio bar with Carlos, Marcelo, David, and Laura.
- Drinking beer and talking IA with folks from aifia-pt.
Also, I can't resist retelling the story of Carlos Franco and the Lemur. A couple of weeks before my visit, Carlos took Ambient Findability to the beach. He fell asleep during one of the boring bits, and awoke later that afternoon with a terrible sunburn. Carlos realized he had been cursed by the lemur (which he now calls "the evil monkey from hell").
Speaking of the laughing lemur, I was surprised to learn how difficult it is to get the book in Brazil. It's not available in bookstores, and shipping either costs a lot or takes forever. Fortunately, Livia is organizing an international book smuggling operation. Just don't tell O'Reilly.